Bullet Point Bullshit:
I love a good bullet point post. As usual, many thoughts swimming around my head that are all related and yet unrelated. They make sense at one moment and then suddenly they don’t. Those little stars below will hopefully give me some perspective on what the hell I am going on about.
- Not to start with a negative but I hate all the new 3D editorials I am seeing around. When I pick up an issue of Numero/Elle/Grazia etc I don’t want to have to whip out a pair of those ridiculous glasses to otherwise be faced with a blur. Not to mention the fact that you seem to need an iPhone to do just about anything these days. I love my Mac computer but don’t feel it necessary to sit and list off all the wonderful things it’s capable of doing just like the ‘iPhone people’ do.
- Speculations have begun that the iPad will start to take over from print. How can this be? I can barely afford a fresh pair of summer sandals. Will I really at some point have to spend £200 on a device to do my monthly reading? If this happens I will greatly miss some of those fresh magazine smells. I think the POP smell with all the different types and textured paper is my favourite.
- I am EXTREMELY excited that Peter Linbergh is going to be shooting for US Vogue after 18 years at Harpers. His photography completely embodied the understated mood of the 90′s that is having a resurgence once again. He shoots individual women in beautiful clothes, not fashion. Individual and real women wearing real clothes has never felt so fresh.
- What has the world turned in to where people are actually getting injured at an American Apparel sale? 10 policemen experienced minor injuries and the whole thing had to be shut down as ‘The organizers were unable to ensure the safety of the public’. Violence over white vests and metallic shorts? Really?
- If I receive one more email about clogs I might start to reply with “CLOG OFF” fairly soon. Although I do have my eye on these Kurt Geiger’s….
- Jumpers. Yes, I know this probably seems like a weird one to be thinking about when the sunshine has resurfaced after months in hiding but after picking out my favourite looks for AW10 all I want to do is start styling jumpers with just about everything…